Guys, if you are looking for a dinner your kids can gobble up that is full of veggies and requires very little effort – this is it. If you are looking for an incredibly gourmet and detailed recipe for fried rice, this is not it.
We love this and eat it just about every week. What I love is how easy it is to sub in different things based on what’s in the fridge/freezer. You can use any frozen veggie mix out there so go for things your kids tend to like. I usually throw in a few different types so the kids can stretch those taste buds a bit. And it always tastes good. It’s basic, sure. But it’s an easy meal the kids devour without me bribing them with dessert so yeah, it’s amazing.
I usually make the rice in the rice cooker while walking the dog or letting the kids play so then it’s only dumping frozen veggies in a pot and making scrambled eggs. So here it is! Fried rice the almost no prep way.
- 1-2 bags mixed frozen veggies (if you have super picky kiddos maybe just do the veggie they like and slowly build up to stretch the taste buds)
- 3 cups rice (for a big batch with leftovers)
- 5 eggs (again do more or less depending on what works for you)
- Soy sauce and/or coconut aminos
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Ginger (optional)
- Olive oil or whatever cooking oil you like